Well. They checked her over completely and found that her temp was only 97.8 (without meds). They also found that her tonsils were large and spotted and white. Her glands were also very large.
The strep test came back negative.
So we were off to the lab for blood work. Ellie did a great job and melted all the nurses hearts that were there. She had gone from crying to a HUGE smile and yelled, "BANDAID!!!" when they gave her a Daffy Duck bandaid for her arm.
The results were that there IS an infection. AAAAAND that's all we know. Tomorrow (Friday) we'll know if it's in her blood and possibly about where else it might be. They may also know if it's bacterial or viral. Next week we'll know if it's mono and whether or not it's a new infection or an old one (Is anyone else hearing Monica flipping out, "Was the message from Richard old or new? OLD OR NEW?").
Her temp still got to 102.5 yesterday evening....and we started today at 98.6. We'll have to see if she goes up again today, or stays low...
So we have some info but not all....
5 comments:
What a sweet job. [In answering machine voice]"You have two new messages".
So not fun not having many answers! I hope that you can find out soon what is going on! Until then, I hope Ellie is feeling much better.
Love the reference to "Friends"!!
Ahahaha I love that episode! :)
Eva
hahaha.
I laughed so hard when I read the friends quote.
classic.
Glad the fever's down!
As the fever comes down, I hope the good news continues and they can determine what ails our little girl. Poking and prodding, no more band-aids, please. Such a sweetie, even when she's not feeling well.
Post a Comment