Friday, October 17, 2008

And the kicker is...

Around 9 am the clinic called and Ellie DOES have strep. So we have our answer!! Which is absolutely wonderful! Her fever stayed below 100 yesterday and has gone without Tylenol or Motrin for quite a while now...but now she has to take Amoxocilin (spelling?) for the next 10 days.

But here's the kicker.....are you ready???

I have shingles.

Yup. I've had a horrid rash on my back since Monday. Which over the last couple days spread, so I called in and begged to not have to come in to get checked because I'm pretty sure that the medical community gets our next month's wages completely. But, of course, NO, the lady from patient care freaked out when I told her what it looked like and that I'm pregnant.

SO...I just got back to work. And I'm on meds for the next 7 days every 8 hours (which means I have to get up in the night to take it....grrr...) to only shorten the life of the shingles. They even offered Tylenol with Codeen (again...spelling?) which should tell you how painful this is. I really want to itch it RIGHT NOW. But I'm attempting self control and am trying not to.

They did say that it's caused by STRESS.

LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shingles? Good grief, what next?
A friend of mine had shingles many years ago and there was one spot on her right shoulder blade that was excruciatingly painful, said it felt "...like a gunshot wound." She was feeling so rotten, I didn't dare ask how she knew what a gunshot wound would feel like, but that gruesome description stuck with me.
Please take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Kyle had that not too many years ago. He says it stunk. Hope you and Ellie feel better soon! ~Ellen

Sara said...

Maybe it's caused by too much fresh air in outstate MN? :)

I'm praying for health to return to your household very soon! Hang in there, mama.

Brooke said...

Ummm, shingles is the 2nd time round of chicken pox! Not trying to make it worse for you. Kevin gave his whatever grade class chicken pox because he had shingles.

And poor Ellie with Strep! Are you hoping that everything you're going through will count for the whole winter? I'm hoping so too with our crud that we've had too!

Hope you all get feeling better!

Kaare & Michelle said...

at least you don't have it on your head & face (like Kyle did). His face looked like the surface of the moon. It was nasty! And his eye was swollen shut by the shingles and Mom had to pull it open a couple times a day to clean it out so he wouldn't go blind. Ish! Be thankful for that. We, on the other hand, are thankful that Ellie is getting better. We've been praying for her and you every day and will continue to do so.