Sunday, November 9, 2008

Message from Tim

This is an old picture.
But it kind of fits because it's only kind of a message from Tim...
as I am the messenger.
Tim called today - many thanks to Kari for letting him use her phone!
So we got to chat.

This is what I will say on his behalf:
He's having a BLAST
and is having quite the emotional experience
being WITH the African people
and not just seeing them on TV and in articles.
The traveling went smoothly and he is safely in Cameroon.
His camera broke after ONE role of film.
So as many of you would guess, he's bummed.
But, his hotel roomie is a photography student
and is taking great pics.
He also asked for the Viking/Packer score.

I will get to talk to him again on Wednesday...Kari, you rock.

Oh, and he's probably hairier than the above picture right about now.
If anyone wants to place bets on how far
his beard will hang from his chin when he get's home,
the winner will get a prize...
maybe the shaved beard in a baggie...
I'm not sure yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between you and his dad (my brother), I now have a much better understanding of where he is, what he's doing, and why. Thanks! The internet is a gift to far-flung families.

Jenny--I was wondering if you could add Name/URL and Anonymous to Gaylan & Joy's new blog.

Sara said...

I'm glad you were able to talk with Tim. What an amazing experience for the team in Africa!

Hang in there, girl!