This year we tried to think something she could be for Halloween
that she would MAYBE understand.
Grandma Mathiesen has this book that Ellie loves called,

So we thought that she would LOVE to be Homer the Pest from the book.
Grandma Larsen knit her a hat just like Homer's...

We got her all dressed up (didn't take much)
and had her practice at Grandma and Grandpa Larsen's house...

When she was a pro, we took her to a couple houses to get her "stash."

These lovely folks were Ellie's first stop...

When we were done we posed next to her pumpkin.

This is where funny-at-first-but-not-so-funny-later part begins. When we finished outside with her pictures, Tim and I left for a friend's Halloween party and my parents began to answer the door. Well, Ellie answered the door...the first time. The doorbell rang and she ran and said "I'll get it!" Which was promptly followed by a shriek.

Because of a skeleton waiting for her at the door,
she spent most of the rest of the evening in Grandpa's lap.

They did get her up a couple times. But in the end, we had to come home from our party and I had to "sleep" in her bed ALL NIGHT LONG. When I say sleep, I mean doze in between being slapped and kicked and snored at ALL NIGHT LONG.
4 comments:
I loved this story. Her internet pictures and your narrative make a wonderful on-line baby book everyone gets to share.
The little ones at Halloween are THE BEST. They are clueless. My most favorite part is when you place a piece of candy in their bag...they immediately look in the bag as though they can't believe what just happened.
I can still hear the shriek and see the look of terror! The poor ghoul was probably scared too!
OH NO! I hope this doesn't start the bad nights for you like we have been having. She was SO cute!
That a funny but not-so-funny story. Ha. Anyway I hope Ellie recovers well.
uhum..Mariah :)
Post a Comment