Monday, August 4, 2008

1st day of Church in FF

Here's Tim and Ellie getting ready to go to Bethel for church. This moment looks really innocent and sweet, which it really was...

Our first impression on the nursery staff wasn't as innocent and sweet as this picture. The lady in the nursery was SUPER nice and sweet about it all...here's how it went.

10:15am - Ellie goes potty right before we leave. Exactly what we wanted.

10:30am - We are sitting in church on time and Ellie's quiet.

10:40am - Ellie gets squirmy and we mentioned that Ava would be in the nursery so we had to go "find her, find her, find her, find her..."

10:42am - I go take her in to the nursery trying to figure out all the rules as I'm walking in so that I don't feel stupid asking how to check her in....it goes ok...I explain about the potty training and the SUPER sweet lady says it's fine...no big deal...

11:10am - The buzzer goes off...CRAP she peed.

11:12am - Nope. She pooped in her pants (through the dress) for the very first time EVER.

11:15am - I finish cleaning her and realize we only have shorts for her to wear. The SUPER sweet lady says that topless children in the nursery is no big deal...um, ok...

11:29am - We run the 50 yd dash out to the car like Olympians during the closing song.

We met NO ONE.
We brought home poop in a bag.
Can't get much more fun...




6 comments:

ADMurray said...

Jenn, I think that might be the best kid-church story I've ever heard! Thank you for the smile:)

Unknown said...

The poop in the bag will be great for setting on fire and putting on your neighbor's front step.

Tim and Jenny said...

Yeah, I was laughing all the way back to the sanctuary and back to the nursery. I've never had to tell Tim in the middle of a sermon, "She pooped."

Sorry Dave the poop is gone. I'll keep it next time...be looking for flaming underwear on your doorstep as a welcome to FF present!

Genessa said...

Why exactly is there no use of pull-ups?

Tim and Jenny said...

Ellie always pooped at nap or in the morning...ALWAYS....so she's potty trained but not necc poopy trained. I wasn't worried about the poop at all. She's done really well with underwear - so there wasn't a need for the pull-ups.

Brooke said...

I guess she was having too much fun to care!

Super cute story! You can't help but smile and laugh!