Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Blanket for Her Sister

I happened to have my quilting stuff out (and everywhere)
and Ellie found some pink fabric she liked.
She asked if she could make Anna a blanket
with biggest LOVING brown eyes I've ever seen from her...
she was thrilled!!
She got to sew it around the edges,
and learned WHY we sew the pretty sides on the inside first...
because when you pull it through, it's...
the pretty sides!!!
Then Ellie picked out a pretty stitch and a pretty color thread
for the second time going around the edge.
(Mommy added some ribbon with a bow - per her request.)
ALL because she LOVES her sister.
(This blanket is now Anna's favorite.)

8 comments:

Genessa said...

They are SO cute! Can't wait to spend some quality time with you all soon! :)

Grand said...

She is so sweet! What a great big sister! I am so glad that Anna likes her blanket. Ellie has such a giving heart.

Grandma Larsen said...

Oops! That last post was from Grandma Larsen.

machisen said...

What a cute story.

Brooke said...

I love Anna's big smile on the last picture! And I can understand how you just couldn't say no to those big, brown eyes!

Auntie Gail said...

This blog should come with a warning:
PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR HEART MELT

I was on the verge of tears the whole time I was reading, and scrolling, and reading, and scrolling.

Do you know how many moms wouldn't bother, Jenny? You're as precious as your daughter.

Unknown said...

That is adorable!

shannon said...

That is precious!!!