Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a FANTASTIC three day Easter celebration at 808 this year. Our perspective of the Easter celebration was broadened this year - How do you explain it all to a 2 yr old?? Our responsibility to teach her what Christ did for us made this year more meaningful.

We started the weekend with the Great Search at Bethel. We're pretty sure Ellie missed the story about Jesus searching for the missing sheep as she was very skeptical of the man dressed in the Easter bunny suit. After some tears, we made our way around the church looking for eggs and steering VERY clear of the bunny.
After church Ellie got to play at Burger King with Ava and a long nap we went to G & G Mathiesen's to dye Easter Eggs...
The first of MANY sister pictures.
The egg hunt at G&G Mathiesen's house was super fun!
Ellie got to eat her first PEEP! :)
Anna got to hang out for the afternoon. She was a good sport through all the pictures, all the kisses and all the watching-big-sister-do-everything.
HAPPY EASTER!
"How was YOUR Easter?"

5 comments:

Mariah Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Gail said...

doncha' know Anna thinks her big sister is wonderful, able to do incredible things?

I love her little scowl.

The picture of Ellie with her first peep is darling. It doesn't take much to thrill her, does it? Loved seeing her stroller with her dolly in the background. Oh, and dyeing Easter eggs at G & G Mathiesen's! Wish I could have been a mouse in the corner (with a camera too!)

Sara said...

Happy Easter, gang! Love the pics and the new banner composite!

Mariah Thompson said...

Oooh I like the new banner. I think I missed it yesterday.

machisen said...

So did you end up liking the picture where I cut the top of your heads off? I guess that's more artsy? Seriously, you've got some real prizes in this bunch.