Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mommy's get away!!

I went on a quilt retreat with my good friend Jess Wiersbe this weekend at Camp Lebanon. As with every year, we have tons of laughter, tons of food, not so much sleep and a varied amount quilting (depending on the person...wink, wink). I got 2 quilts done and another one cut out.

This is Jess and her sister Beth is behind her.
Jess scrapbooked the first day and quilted the second.
We also had an opportunity through Camp Lebanon and Kids Against Hunger to package meals for the people in Haiti that are suffering from the hurricanes. Each package feeds six people and as a camp we packaged almost 22,000 meals. I put the chicken powder in the bag and it would eventually get passed to Jess who sealed the bags shut.
My cool hairnet and apron.
This is a "Dick and Jane" quilt I made for Ellie for christmas. It turned out really neato. I didn't get a picture of the other one I made for a friend-of-a-friend that's gonna have a baby any day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I just started quilting this year! I still need to learn lots, but it's fun!

Tim and Jenny said...

Who are you??? I'm curious???

Anonymous said...

Nice picture with the hairnet dealy thing. Will you make me a quilt? A golf one, with Phil Mickelson's picture on it.